Associate Director Molecular Biology
Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a small biotech company focused on developing therapeutics for a range of cancers. The company are based in Pennsylvania and are seeking an Associate Director of Molecular Biology.
Candidates must be willing to travel to Pittsburgh 60% of the time in the first 6 months.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team responsible for providing molecular biology support for enabling target validation, antibody discovery and development efforts
- Design molecular and cellular laboratory strategies
- Design and complete projects molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, qPCR, molecular construct design & vector cloning, lentivirus generation, protein expression & purification, and DNA sequence analysis
- Execute molecular biology-based experiments for support multiple target programs
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- PhD Cell or Molecular Biology
- 8+ years industry in biotech or pharma industry
- Hands on experience across PCR, qPCR, CRISPR or protein engineering techniques
- Experience across drug discovery for cancer
- Proven experience working with CROs / External Partners
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection:
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Life Science, Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors