Back to News
Estimating Manager – Commercial
Mackenzie Stuart are proud to be working in partnership with an outstanding General Contractor based on the East Coast Area.
Despite an extremely competitive market this company maintains its position within the ENR top 100 contractors in the Nation.
This firm has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Estimating Manager to work on commercial projects in many major markets throughout the United States. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected, successful company with aggressive growth plans.
- The successful candidate will identify the scope of work and assemble trade packages.
- Perform conceptual estimates from conceptual or schematic design documents.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors while evaluating responses and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop overall estimates on larger projects.
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organised , and ready for review by the estimating management team.
- Address all potential safety risks and concerns to incorporate in the estimate Develop innovative means and methods for completing projects to increase competitiveness and margins.
- Prepare proposals when necessary, and include information to document the basis of proposal.
- Maintain base bid documents and organise estimate information.
- Monitor projects from successful bids to identify changes in scope and identify estimate deficiencies.
- The successful candidate shall have a four year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- They shall have 7-10 years of estimating commercial building projects or equivalent field experience.
- It is preferred that they have the ability to estimate other divisions of work (Structural, Civil, Finishes, MEP work, etc).
- They require strong computer skills and familiarity with scheduling & estimating software and MS Office.
- Conceptual Estimating, Preparing Proposals, On-screen Take-off and Primavera (P6) is a plus.