Mackenzie Stuart is working with an innovator in the wastewater treatment industry to find an Application Engineer who will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the municipal sales process.
The company helps industrial and municipal customers find wastewater treatment solutions that deliver clean water, perform better, recover resources and save money. They are a company that’s changing the world through expertly engineered products and technologies that were founded in 1998, upon a mission that still stands today: to purify our future world environment. They have offices located throughout the US, with fully integrated in-house manufacturing capabilities at the headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK – allowing higher quality products with faster turnaround times and a lower cost of ownership.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preliminary technology / project selection and designs utilizing in +house design tools.
- Responsible for preliminary proposal generation including product/process specifications and pricing.
- Facilitate preliminary drawing development through coordination with Drafting and Technology Departments.
- Pre-Bid Plan and Specification (and bid form) review.
- Prepare detailed specifications and drawings for projects entering final design. Discuss design details with Customer, Technical Sales Manager or Rep, as needed, to qualify our design and assist in the customer solution.
- Prepare final commercial proposal, estimate the product bid price and review the previous scope and pricing to assist in the final pricing strategy.
- Support the transition from bid to Order Execution (OE) for each project won
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred; direct Municipal wastewater experience may be substituted for degree is sufficient in length and exposure to the market
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of municipal wastewater treatment systems and technologies
- Highly organized and responsive
- Effective Problem Solving Skills including the ability to recognize inaccurate data and errors
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with time-sensitive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn business processes and systems
- High personal standards of performance
- Strong work ethic
Job Reference: AE-KH-OK
$70,000 - 80,000