Ref: HL - AC- Fabrics
The Applications Chemist will support service to customer accounts in the Engineered Fabrics group. Customer support includes commercial product development, aiding customers with product selection, dispersion handling and dispersion processing, introducing new product and application technology, and trouble-shooting any product/process related issues experienced in commercial production. The Applications Chemist will also support and drive new product development based on market information and knowledge. This includes acting as a liaison between Wacker Chemical Corporation and customer or end user needs for development of new or existing commercial products.
- Key technical liaison to customer, managing the relationship, along with account/sales representative.
- Accountable that the appropriate dispersion product is recommended and correctly used in the customer’s process to meet end use application needs.
- Respond to service requests and develop technical work packages to answer such requests.
- Contribute to complaint investigation and resolution as appropriate.
- Supervise support technician (as available) and work to use and also develop key lab skills to meet technical service requests of nonwovens segment.
- Drive product development in the Engineered Fabrics market – new or customer-driven – to meet customer, end use, and/or general market needs.
- Support global segment through strong AD/TS lab operations and procedures for the Engineered Fabrics group.
- Support global benchmarking of key EF group products, including conforming to external product disclosures, meeting established product specifications, and product performance targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering, or closely related field.
- Three to five years general experience in an applications development/technical service role; direct industry experiene in the field of Engineered Fabrics is desired.
- General knowledge of Engineered Fabrics/Nonwovens as well as Paper making or Paper Coating including product portfolio and application technologies is desired.
- Customer relationship skills and problem solving.
- Strong technical skills related to application and product development.
- Broad communications skills – internal and external, written and email – are important to job effectiveness, and building good internal and customer relationships
Job Reference: HL - AC- Fabrics
$70,000 - 90,000