Bioinformatic Scientist – Data Specialist
Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a fast growth Bioinformatics company who are actively recruiting for a Data Specialist/Bioinformatician based in the UK. The role is Hybrid, with two days required at the office at Reading.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing bioinformatics data to support genomics and target discovery
- Design the data approach in collaboration with client scientists and other analysts
- Complete bioinformatics analyses and deliver accurate, meaningful scientific results including documentation, discussion and ideas for further investigations
- Specifying, and helping to create, standardised data for our cloud based data infrastructure
- Creating new approaches for new problems, particularly in collaboration with the development team to create new data infrastructure solutions
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- PhD experience in genomics or bioinformatics, preferably in a non-mammalian system, including substantial data analysis at the level of biological function.
- Detailed understanding of the various bioinformatics data sources used for functional annotation of proteins.
- Proficiency in command-line bioinformatics and Python
- Experience using remote APIs and data extraction from database end-points (eg SQL) and manipulation of that data, probably using Python
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection:
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: JGBSUK
£40,000 - 50,000