Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a leading Bioinformatics and Data Science company. Our client is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the science of curing diseases.
We are currently recruiting for a Bioinformatics Scientist based in Northeast USA. The role will be reporting directly to the Head of Data science.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop bioinformatic software systems to improve the analysis of genomic data
- Analyse large gene expression data sets for research purposes
- Provide effective computational tools to analyse data through the development of algorithmic processes
- Develop and customise the existing computational tools the company uses
- Provide statistical expertise on new developmental processes and projects
- Work in a fast-paced environment with clear driven timelines
- Collaborate in a team of bioinformatics and molecular biologists
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- MS in bioinformatics or computer science
- Experience with statistical analysis of data sets
- Experience with sequencing QC, GATK and gene expression analysis
- 2 years minimum experience of using Python or R software tools
- Familiarity with SQL to enable programming interactions via LMS systems
- Experience with custom software development
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection:
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: JGBS
$90,000 - 110,000