Mackenzie Stuart is pleased to be partnering with a Top 10 Global transportation and infrastructure construction firm who are seeking to appoint a Chief Estimator responsible for leading the estimating/pre-construction/business development departments.
* Prepare and complex proposals/tenders on major highways, rail, tunnelling and bridges throughout the USA.
* Responsible for leading a full estimating/pre-construction department on Design-Build and PPP projects ranging from $500M to +$5Bn.
* Coordinate pre-construction duties and meetings with owner, architect, engineers and subcontractors/suppliers about prospective work.
* Be able to assess the market for shifts/patterns that may contribute to increase in future workload.
* Oversee and review the work of the estimating department including Senior Estimators ensuring an effective and streamlined bid process.
* Prepare estimates at different levels of completion.
* Coordinate and supervise group work effort and ability to represent the company on high profile preconstruction matters.
* Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or Architecture.
* 15 years’ relevant industry experience.
* Experience leading an estimating dept. on +$250M heavy civil/infrastructure projects in Canada.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present to Executive Management.
* Competent in your approach, people management and general demeanour in the workplace.
* A strong understanding of private and Local/State/Federal contracting regulations and policies.
* Advanced computer/software skills with MS Office, AutoCAD, Primavera P6, InRoads.
* A strong understanding of Private and Local/Regional/Municipal contracting regulations and policies.
If you believe you are at this level and have the correct skills, please forward your CV on accordingly. Due to a large anticipated response, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume your application has not been successful.
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London, Toronto & New York we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors
Job Reference: 234ATM
$180,000 - 220,000
Canada - Toronto, Ontario