Mackenzie Stuart are currently representing a leading not-for-profit community behavioral healthcare organization serving individuals across Pennsylvania. The organization are seeking a Chief Financial Officer to provide strategic financial leadership across the organization. The CFO would direct the agencies financial planning and accounting practices, as well as its relationship with the financial community and lending institutions by performing the following responsibilities personally or through subordinate staff:
- Spearhead the development of the budget program with the Executive Leadership team. Communicate regularly with departments to keep informed and to offer direction regarding individual budgets and P&L. Provide regular and relevant fiscal information to aid each department develop and monitor the budget.
- Oversee and direct all financial operations and general accounting functions, including chart of accounts and general ledger, accounts payable, billing, cash receipts and accounts receivable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliations and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax reports.
- Monitor cash flow and handle cash management, including, as directed, borrowing against lines of credit.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal measures to ensure proper accounting of transactions and promote operational efficiency with respect to financial matters.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the fiscal, billing and information systems departments
- Supervisory responsibilities include; interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing grievances and resolving issues
- Analyze operational matters impacting functional groups and the whole agency and determine their financial impact. Recommend areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized or expanded.
- Appraise the organization’s financial position and issue monthly, quarterly & annual reports on organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations
- Spearhead and direct the preparation of annual audits, financial reports, tax return and reports for funding and/or regulatory agencies including income statements and balance sheets.
- Prepare and deliver the agency’s fiscal report to the Board of Directors as scheduled. Meet with the Board’s Finance Committee as scheduled.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend business partnering opportunities.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field (MBA preferred)
- Professional accounting designation – CPA Strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior finance leadership role
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and reporting is added advantage
- Demonstrated strong leadership and verbal communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a relevantly educated and experienced individual looking to expand their career. This opportunity offers the successful candidate an excellent remuneration package containing excellent additional benefits with a mission driven and progressive organization.
About Mackenzie Stuart;
Mackenzie Stuart is an executive search and selection company working globally in many different sectors. From out offices in Leeds we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist, experienced recruitment consultants that work within Medical & Scientific, Oil & Gas, Mining, Legal, Construction, Finance, Insurance and FMCG sectors.
Job Reference: CW;CFO
$190,000 - 200,000