Mackenzie Stuart has partnered with a global luxury consumer goods company to recruit for the position of Controller and Project Manager to lead their US controlling team. Reporting directly into the USA CEO, the successful candidate will play a lead role in helping the organisation grow their operations across North America.
The organisation are a European based Luxury Consumer Goods company, with significant operations across Europe and Asia. They are now looking to expand US office and are looking for a driven and energetic Accounting Manager or Controller who can lead their division in this hands on position.
The role will be based in the Greater New York area.
- Lead all accounting, month end close and cash flow analysis for the US operations.
- Responsible for analysis of P&L and improvements of KPIs as well as credit insurance limits.
- To drive the development of the accounting team, including hiring’s.
- Controller analysis.
- Coordinate new projects as the company looks to expand its operations.
- Supporting the CEO and CFO on accounting projects.
- Cash management including chase collections and liaising with landlord for leased office and show room as well as optimising collections and payments.
- Coordinate the approval of invoices belonging to other areas beyond accounting dept.
- Business partnering to HR on legal issues, payroll etc.
- Liaise with Landlords of stores and offices.
- Degree educated in business, accounting or finance – MBA or MSc preferred.
- CPA Qualified – highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience.
- Ideally some degree of management responsibility from either current or previous roles.
- Consumer goods, Retail or Luxury Goods industry experience desired.
- Strong knowledge of SAP is welcome.
- Hands on and driven, with a strong background in accounting and/or audit.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing environment.
- Excellent skills in accounting and handling teams.
- Able to chase collections from customers.
If you feel you have a relevant background please forward your CV accordingly to Killian.Stein@mackenziestuart.com
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: KS-CPM-LG-NY
$100,000 - 110,000
New York, USA