Ref: PC - DDNSWH
Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a market leading logistics company. The company is a leading international Logistics and Supply Chain solution provider. The company is a leading Freight Forwarding solutions provider who have an expansive Warehousing & Distribution network across North America.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Distribution Centre Design, specialising in Warehousing & Supply Chain solutions based in Nashville, Tennessee or can be based Remotely. The role will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Leading engineering teams to design and implement new warehousing and distribution centre projects to meet customer requirements
- Help to develop RFQs for new contracts and work alongside existing accounts to develop work scope plans alongside continuous improvement teams
- Lead project teams, managing multiple programs and executive high complexity solutions
- Manage 4 direct reports and multiple indirect teams across the USA
- Evaluate existing solutions and implement changes, utilising LEAN and Kaizen principles
- Utilise relevant industry experience combined with program knowledge to act as subject matter expert new DC design
- Identify risks and implement mitigation plans to reduce exposure and guide team members to foster a culture of excellence
- Manage relationships and formulate agreements with external parties and vendors
- Create design packages for facility layouts, material handlings, pick and pack analysis and WMS systems
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to the Nashville, Tennessee or be comfortable working remotely
- Experience with AutoCAD
- 10+ years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience within a Logistics and Supply Chain or Warehousing environment
- Knowledge of velocity, inventory and cube analysis as well as Warehousing design and material handling
- Master’s degree is preferred in Engineering, Bachelor’s is essential either in Engineering, Logistics or Business Management
- Willingness to travel nationally up to 20%
- The candidate is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Must have general knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Must be fluent in English both orally and written
The expected salary for this role is between USD$140K – $160K USD with 15% bonus structure in place.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not heard back within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Job Reference: PC - DDNSWH
USD $140,000 - 160,000
Nashville, Tennessee (Or Remote)