Mackenzie Stuart plc is currently recruiting for a dynamic and experienced Director of Product Control who will report into the Head of Product Control of an established US Energy retailer. The Role is based in the New York City Metro Area and the seniority of the position means that the candidate needs to be of the highest calibre, demonstrating extensive technical awareness as well as a rounded financial acumen.
This organisation is looking to truly build up its product control function and the successful candidate will act as a key partner to internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Director, Product Control include, but are not limited to the following:
- Production of daily position and P&L reporting.
- Maintenance of process maps and accountabilities for position and P&L reporting.
- Effectively establish processes, procedures and controls consistent with best practices for a Product Control organization to ensure daily, monthly P&L and Positions results are accurate and precise.
- Lead integration of multiple risk systems and ensure reporting is refined as the business evolves and adapts to stakeholder needs.
- Build a strong relationship with operational accounting and controller organization to facilitate data hand-offs and communication, ensuring financial statement results are accurate.
- Maintenance of reference data with the ETRM.
The preferred candidate will have the following skillsets:
- Extensive knowledge of US/Canadian retail and wholesale Gas markets.
- Strong knowledge and exposure to deal life cycle with appreciation of effective processes.
- Strong understanding of ETRMs.
- Ability to manage risk and build strong governance.
- Minimum 12 years commodity experience with 2+ years in a senior role with team responsibility.
- Previous experience with retail and wholesale commodity businesses.
- Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- CPA/CA/CFA/MBA desirable but not necessary.
This is a unique opportunity which requires real drive and determination to excel within a progressive organisation. If you believe that you are appropriate for this role, please forward your CV accordingly to – Michael.Bate@mackenziestuart.com
Job Reference: MB-DPC-NYC
$180,000 - 200,000
USA, New York