Ref: CD - EE - Detroit
Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a leading international Automotive Tier 1 manufacturer. The company is a leading manufacturer of powertrain and driveline components for commercial and lightweight vehicles worldwide.
As a result of restructuring, we are recruiting for an Electrical Engineer, based in Detroit, Michigan. The successful candidate will look to step into a more senior level role within the next 12-24 months.
The individual in the role will be responsible for the design, development and testing of electrical hardware based on the electrical architecture and the electrical requirements within a project.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Development of core and/or application specific electrical requirements for automotive electronics.
- Develop electrical hardware in compliance with Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Verify electrical requirements at component and bench level testing.
- Support rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects related to electrical hardware.
- Perform complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong electrical technical competency.
- Work assignments primarily involve senior/advanced level work and may mentor other electrical engineers.
- Lead planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all electrical related activities for various projects.
- Coordination of integration of core electrical components into an application specific electrical design.
- Competency and mastery of the field.
- Work assignments primarily involve entry level or intermediate work.
- Electrical Engineer (Design)
- Main customer interface for all electrical hardware related activities including customer design reviews, clarify and negotiate customer requirements for the project.
To be considered for the role, the following requirements must be met:
- Located in, or willing to relocate to Detroit, Michigan
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 6+ years’ relevant work in a similar role in the automotive industry
- Ability to work and travel within assigned territory 25% of time
- Must be an excellent communicator both oral and written in English, other languages are advantageous also
The expected salary of this role would be in the region of $100,000 – $115,000 plus addition benefits including company car and pension.
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Chemicals, Coatings, Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Medical, Finance, Insurance, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors.
Job Reference: CD - EE - Detroit
$100,000 - 120,000