Mackenzie Stuart are proud to be working in partnership with an outstanding construction business who offer their services across the USA. This continually growing top construction and construction services firm has tasked us with searching for a number or roles including a Environmental Field Manager for an exciting turbine wind farm project in North Central PA .
The candidate will be responsible for managing environmental compliance programs and assuring state and local environmental permit compliance during construction and restoration phases, including the following.
- Responsible for managing daily compliance monitoring and completing field inspections, environmental training, and other environmental compliance requirements and activities during project construction.
- Work directly with the construction management team to prioritize and schedule daily activities of the environmental inspector and assure subcontractors complete environmental requirements.
- Plan and implement remedial action for non-compliance with construction contract and environmental permit requirements. Works collaboratively with the Projects management team to provide solutions for compliance issues.
- Supervise the field inspector and complete inspection of the construction sites, including visual observations of current property conditions, identification of potential environmental concerns, photographic documentation, written reports and follow up on corrective action measures.
- Organize and coordinate on site meetings, discussions, and agreements with construction sub contractor, owners representative and agency representatives.
- Completes and reviews daily and weekly environmental inspection reports. Direct the preparation of variance requests, compliance reports, and other reporting required by the project’s environmental permitting engineer and regulatory agencies.
- Supervise the firm and their subcontractors staff conducting inspection, monitoring, surveys, and other environmental compliance activities.
- Ensure implementation of the firm’s safety and environmental program and requirements. Follows client and site safety and environmental standards.
- Live temporarily within or near the project area for the project duration of 12 or more months and work in the project construction facilities.
- The candidate should possess at least 5+ years field experience in the construction industry managing environmental compliance preferably within the power, oil and gas or renewable energy sectors.
- Strong experience in construction stormwater management compliance, permitting and wetland/waterway compliance and permitting knowledge is a must.
- Strong communication and change management skills are required.
- Pennsylvania experience and regulatory knowledge a plus.
Job Reference: HP0049
$100,000 - 130,000
Hector Township, PA