Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a multi-national manufacturer of mining chemicals based in Houston. Due to rapid and consistent business growth, we are currently recruiting for a Formulation Chemist.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide experienced technical assistance to the production, customer service, marketing and sales teams
- Manage the development of new products and formulations, whilst improving existing portfolio
- Develop laboratory practices and procedures for mining chemistries
- Lead team of 8-10 technicians to assist with batch manufacture
- Analyze field samples using wet and instrumental methods
- Train colleagues with technical functions on laboratory and test procedures for product selection, application methods and process optimisation
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Houston
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field
- 10 years’ experience in a mining chemicals product development role
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret chemical periodicals, scientific journals, and regulatory documents
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports
The expected salary for this role would be in the region of $80,000 – $120,000 plus additional benefits.
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: WJFMCTX
$80,000 - 120,000