Laboratory Director – Clinical Diagnostics – USA
Mackenzie Stuart are currently representing a leading Clinical Diagnostic Reference Laboratory. Due to the companies continued expansion throughout the US the need for a Laboratory Director has arisen to manage all Laboratory Operations at the organizations new development in Massachusetts. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the lab continues to process patient samples with the utmost quality, efficiency & integrity and will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Direct and manage the anatomic and clinical testing services
- Oversee and provide personal and professional development to all direct/indirect reports
- Ensure staff are appropriately qualified and trained and ensure that staffing schedules are well organized
- Ensure laboratory policy and procedures manuals reflect current practices and are in compliance with business needs and regulatory requirements
- Develop, implement and monitor performance and production standards
- Fully responsible for managing the financial management of the laboratory including; budget, capital planning and performance
- Form effective relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure that the organization enjoys best possible pricing and support from vendors
- +8 years’ experience in a laboratory leadership position
- Degree educated in laboratory related science
- Training and significant experience in a laboratory in a commercial setting
- Personal and business management capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Clean driving license
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to join a growing company looking to expand into new areas. It offers the potential for career progression with an excellent remuneration package. Candidates need not apply without the relevant commercial or technical experience or any other relevant necessary requirements.
About Mackenzie Stuart;
Mackenzie Stuart is an executive search and selection company working globally in many different sectors. From out offices in Leeds we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist, experienced recruitment consultants that work within Medical & Scientific, Oil & Gas, Mining, Legal, Construction, Finance, Insurance and FMCG sectors.
Job Reference: LS-DS-455
$180,000 - 240,000