Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a privately-owned provider of laboratory testing services across USA. We are currently recruiting for an accomplished Laboratory Director overseeing the operations of a food testing lab.
In this key role, the successful applicant will manage the day-to-day operations of the lab and ensure the reliability, efficiency, and accuracy of testing results.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategic business initiatives with the objective of consistently delivering accurate test results, maintaining client relationships, and driving continuous improvement across all operations
- Ensure client requirements are met in a cost-effective manner by managing the laboratory budget to meet profitability targets
- Provide operational, technical and administrative support to all departments
- Optimize staff performance, through training, 1:1 meetings and evaluations
- Support the consistent production of accurate results. Ensure on time delivery (OTD) of all projects. Ensure testing turnaround times (TAT) are met.
- Ensure test results comply with internal and external audit standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate equipment and technical resources are provided and maintained
- Ensure the attainment of company objectives through the selection, development, motivation, and evaluation of lab staff
- Directly manage the laboratory operation relating to hiring, termination, and performance management issues.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to New York City, USA
- Must hold a BSc degree from an accredited college/university, Master’s degree is preferred
- Must have 10 years technical lab experience with 7 years management experience
- Must have 5 years’ experience working with both analytical chemistry & microbiological food testing techniques
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 17025 and the AOAC Food Guidelines.
The expected salary for this role would be in the region of $160,000 – $180,000 plus additional benefits.
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: WJLDFN
$160,000 - 180,000
New York, USA