Land Director – House Building
Location: West Midlands, UK
Mackenzie Stuart are recruiting on behalf of a reputable house builder with a strong growth plan in place to extend sales and delivery two fold over the next 3 years.
• Land Development lead responsible for the all land processes within the regional office, handling land purchasing for multiple projects.
• Required to deal with various stages of land planning and developments including strategic and immediate.
• Responsible for managing and submitting bids alongside assessing off-market opportunities.
• Responsible for the preparation of land reports.
• Provide and monitor land market activity on a continuing basis be both proactive and reactive in the market to opportunities you create and will come to your knowledge.
• Develop and implement the land acquisition strategy through the identification, acquisition, monitoring and delivery of sustainable opportunities, negotiating contracts to achieve the most favourable terms and conditions.
• Ensure value improvement through smart land acquisition, outstanding management of the planning process, and cost efficiency – within annual budgets and forecasts.
• Management of the land and development budget with close liaison with the Financial Director.
• Maintain a sound knowledge of all technical aspects covering the acquisition and development of land and associated legal agreements.
• Must have sound knowledge of local plans with ability to take through from identification to exchange and completion (managing legal process).
• Must have a strong knowledge of surrounding areas along with a sufficient network of contacts.
• Considerable track record in leading a Land and Planning Department for a housebuilding developer
• Detailed knowledge of the land acquisition process, relevant legislation, geographical area of business and its key contacts e.g. Agents, Vendors, Planners.
• Sound knowledge of technical issues
Job Reference: 040418RB
£70,000 - 90,000
West Midlands, UK