Mackenzie Stuart is working exclusively with a privately-owned, multi-national provider of Testing, Inspection & Certification services based in California. Due to rapid and consistent business growth, we are currently seeking an ambitious, energetic individual to fill the opening of Managing Director – Food Testing.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and drive the overall business line strategy in conjunction with the Group business plan to achieve/exceed assigned revenue & profitability targets.
- Improve operational efficiency at laboratories and across the business. Streamline the operational processes to optimise efficiency and ensure profitability targets are met.
- Lead / take part in the marketing and sales process – maintain & develop relationships with clients and potential clients. Attend and lead meetings with key clients at all levels and develop an in-depth knowledge of customer requirements.
- Support the development, implementation and optimal use of the company’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and ensure its efficient usage at all levels across the laboratory network to improve productivity and profitability.
- Improve the technical and scientific aspects of the business by ensuring the appropriate development and application of new techniques and business processes.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent Managers and employees.
- Guarantee and control that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being abided to and that accreditations are being maintained and regularly expanded.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be located or willing to relocate to California.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a Science-related field, ideally Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience working with food testing services.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound technical understanding of food testing services.
- Proven leadership experience managing teams of ~100 employees with full P&L responsibility.
The expected salary for this role would be in the region of $150,000 – $180,000 plus bonus and additional benefits.
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: WJMDFC
$150,000 - 180,000