Mackenzie Stuart is working exclusively with a Metal Processing Manufacturer who are currently looking for an Operations expert to be responsible for all aspects of Operations including Production, Health & Safety, Manufacturing, Team Lead & New Product Development assistance for a Global Metal Processing Manufacturer who are focused on Chemical, Pulp & Paper, Medical, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, Power & Many other industries.
Main Objectives of role;
- Driving Operational Excellence, Cost Savings, Sales & Profit Supply, Continuous Improvement, HSE Optimization, Improve Manufacturing & Optimize Production process’
- Reporting into the General Manager and be responsible for Two Direct Reports (Manufacturing & Maintenance) and indirectly responsible for >indirectly responsible for >120 Head Count in Production Engineering & highly skilled machine floor technicians who are responsible for Metal Forging, Casting & Assembly process’
- Ensure Health & Safety, accident prevention & occupational safety in the field of production & maintenance as the highest priority
- Ensure preventative manners and measures are put in place to avoid damage to persons, equipment, plants & materials
- Ensure manufacturing meets the demands of the global market for short delivery times, outstanding quality and affordable prices while at the same time maintaining a high degree of flexibility
- Machines, equipment, and other technical devices are used economically with increasing productivity and maintained in a value-preserving manner
- Implementing Improvements is a continuous process and not a project
- Manufacturing and Maintenance has sufficiently qualified and motivated employees, a constant learning is part of people development
- Workplaces are up-to-date and equipped in accordance with the applicable safety regulations and ergonomic guidelines;
- Incumbent guarantees that the General manager is always informed about the status of development for individual projects as well as about extraordinary events in production at any time
Key Tasks & Responsibilities;
- Set the targets and the annual program for production, track and report progress
- Control and monitor production processes in the factory with regard to quantity, quality, deadlines and costs as well as ensuring compliance with quality, occupational safety and environmental requirements.
- Performance Management of direct reports and planning of personnel development in production
- Machine Monitoring, troubleshooting & Maintenance
- Advice on the production of prototypes, introduction of new production processes, materials and technologies as well as the development and updating of training plans for employees. Partner with R&D and GPM in all NPI processes
- Enabling continuous process optimization taking into account new manufacturing technologies, organizational forms and manufacturing methods
- Preparation of the budget planning of the overall production including the investment and personnel planning
Personality and Cultural Qualities.
- We are seeking a strong and true operational leader – minimum 3-5 years Management/Leadership experience in a similar manufacturing environment (>25 HC experience).
- Strong communication skills and an assertive leadership style – ability to influence and drive change within the facility and engage with senior leadership.
- A person that is familiar working within matrix organisations and is able to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Someone that is self-motivated, resilient and driven to succeed.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – able to think proactively and resolve issues with their own initiative.
- Someone that prioritises safety as the number one objective and this will always be at the forefront of their actions and decisions.
- Other relevant personality traits would include problem solver, goal orientated, hands on managerial skills, motivation skills, an influencer, customer focused and passionate for manufacturing excellence.
- The individual should be able to relocate within a commutable distance to Bremen or be willing to travel to the facility 3/4 days per week.
- This position will require fluent German and English language skills – communication in both languages to key stakeholders on site and at corporate executive level would be required.
- A technical Engineering degree is necessary BSME or Manufacturing Engineer or Production Technology Degree focused or strong background in Material Science/Metallurgy
- A strong background in Metal Working/Blacksmithing is desirable
- A solid understanding and experience of metal working (Forging, Die Casting & Assembly methodologies) or related Metal Process Production Process & machinery experience is necessary
- Experience with Project Management & proven record of operational excellence projects
- Practical Knowledge in Management-Systems (ISO-9001, ISO-14001 etc.)
- Six Sigma (green Belt and above*) is a strong asset or experience implementing Lean Process or higher
Compensation and Career Development:
- Basic salary circa EUR package of 144,000 ±10% depending on experience, (includes annual bonus target of 20%, (other benefits to be confirmed)
- Relocation assistance is provided if necessary
- This is an opportunity to join a highly regarded Global Metal Processing Manufacturer and will have a level of autonomy to make an impact and drive change to the site facility
- Career development opportunities could include progression into a General Manager level position, or other options within the wider organisation
Job Reference: RDOMGR
€130,000 - 140,000