Mackenzie Stuart is currently working with a membrane manufacturer that delivers membrane products for various water and process applications. They offer one of the widest portfolio of membrane products, including MF, UF, NF, and RO as well as MBR technology for treatment of water and wastewater.
My client are looking for a Principal Membrane Chemist based in the California, USA who will be responsible for the development and characterization of new membrane products as well as the optimization and improvement of existing chemistries. Using sound experimental design techniques and data analysis skills, they will execute studies starting in the lab carrying though production scale-up trials and final product release to production. They will provide technical expertise and troubleshooting to manufacturing for existing membrane products and processes. They will be part of multi-functional team focused on development of new coating technologies and production lines with the aim of producing first in-class membrane products.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop new membrane products
- Optimize performance of existing membrane products
- Utilize statistical design of experiments to effectively plan, analyze and execute projects
- Project Management including planning, organizing, executing, tracking and communication of progress
- Provide technical expertise to membrane manufacturing department to resolve technical problems.
- Provide technical input to the design of a new membrane coating line
- Utilize analytical equipment as needed
- Direct work of lab technician (Direct Report)
- Adhere to our core values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and reliability
- The employee will be required to safely handle, use, and dispose of chemicals.
- Define the channel strategy for the assigned products within the framework of the channel strategies for the business unit.
- Develop and give oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and business leaders as needed.
- Working knowledge and understanding of phase inversion and thin-film coating chemistries and processes.
- Planning and timeline management for multiple projects.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Masters or PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Membrane Science, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with developing Membranes
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to coach and work with others, especially those in other functions.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable products, services and capabilities.
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrate technical, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated integrity and the ability to lead by example.
Job Reference: PC-CA-KH
$110,000 - 150,000