- A leading global specialty adhesive tapes, laminates, adhesives manufacturer.
- R&D Manager – acrylic emulsion pressure sensitive adhesive polymer design, formulation scale up and application
- Applications for packaging, labelling, tapes
- Located Columbus, Ohio
About Our Client: A market leading specialty polymers and adhesives manufacturer
Job Description: Reporting to the General Manager, her/his responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of R&D Scientists to develop novel emulsion pressure sensitive adhesives
- Drive emulsion acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive polymer design, formulating, scale up, coating and manufacturing
- Work cross functionally with the Commercial teams and end users to determine market needs within the industry and assists in identification of innovative solutions in order to meet those needs.
- Establish formulation guidelines based on a deep understanding of the key chemical and physical interactions in adhesive formulations and knowledge of the end applications.
- Build and develop a high performing R&D team across various experience levels, disciplines and expertise
- Conduct reviews and evaluations of existing patents and publications and generates new intellectual property (IP) as required.
- Effectively manage multiple projects in parrallel , ensuring clear alignment of goals and deliverables with business and market needs.
The Successful Applicant: Our customer is looking for a professional with the following background and experience:
- technical university degree (MSc, PhD would be preferrable) : chemistry, polymer science, material sciences, or similar;
- proficiency in English language;
- Must have at least 5 years experience developing pressure sensitive adhesive products
- Must have experience leading a product Development/R&D teams
Job Reference: Jfk:rd:psa
$110,000 - 140,000