Mackenzie Stuart is currently working with a membrane manufacturer that delivers membrane products for various water and process applications. They offer one of the widest portfolio of membrane products, including MF, UF, NF, and RO as well as MBR technology for treatment of water and wastewater.
My client are looking for a Product Manager based in the US, who will drive growth and development of their Membrane products. They are looking for a successful and highly motivated candidate who has sales and marketing experience, with effective communication skills combined with technical capabilities and excellent standard of personal presentation. The internal distance to top management is minimal; the business perspectives are very good with great career opportunities. The candidate will be responsible for the strategy and management of a product family with the goal of maximizing the long-term success and profitability of the business.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent is responsible for managing the “4 P’s of the Market Mix” of assigned products (or product family):
- Assume ownership for the profitability of the products.
- Create a marketing strategy that supports the strategy of the business unit and meets the business unit’s assigned financial, growth, and intended market positioning goals.
- Establish product strategy and assume ownership of product management activities.
- Work with Marketing Communications to develop sales tools; reviews and approves technical documents for branding and product positioning messages.
- Participate in the S&OP process and provide regular sales updates and forecasts.
- Prioritize customers/orders for scheduling as needed.
- Manage pricing to achieve GUR and EBIT targets
- Approve sales contracts.
- Define the channel strategy for the assigned products within the framework of the channel strategies for the business unit.
- Serve as a resource for the global sales organization and work with Sales Managers and owned account managers to monitor market/customer needs, sales opportunities and bookings.
- Set the promotional strategy for the assigned products, define key promotional messages and Value Proposition. Prioritize activities within the overall Marketing Communications budget.
- Provide sales forecasts as required for budgeting and long-range planning.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of market/competitive intelligence and key customer requirements for business success.
- Develop and give oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and business leaders as needed.
- Champion an ethical business culture that represents the company in accordance with its values and vision.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to coach and work with others, especially those in other functions.
- Understanding of customer and market needs, both stated and unarticulated.
- A clear understanding of the company’s vision, values, and strategies.
- An understanding of financial and business analysis.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable products, services and capabilities.
- A forward thinking, customer-focused, creative mind.
- A passion for excellence and a proven ability to succeed.
- Ability to react and build consensus quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and the ability to lead by example.
Job Reference: PM-USA-KH
$110,000 - 130,000