Mackenzie Stuart is currently working with a membrane manufacturer that delivers membrane products for various water and process applications. They offer one of the widest portfolio of membrane products, including MF, UF, NF, and RO as well as MBR technology for treatment of water and wastewater.
My client are looking for a Project Manager based in California, USA who will be directly responsible for leading investments and internal and external customer projects. This will require developing new production concepts, floor plans, work flow, and line balancing. Projects will include but are not limited to, initial concept, design, supplier quotations, budgeting, infrastructure and capacity planning, installation and qualification of equipment and processes. The internal distance to top management is minimal; the business perspectives are very good with great career opportunities. The candidate will be responsible for the strategy and management of a product family with the goal of maximizing the long-term success and profitability of the business.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of project engineers that manages projects and organize their timely completion
- Responsible for project budgets, planning, timeline, and execution
- Work well with cross functional teams
- Attention to detail, well organized and possess a strong work ethic
- Capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with guidance
- Self-directed with a drive to learn
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices
- Communicate effectively with other departments
- Create value and profit for the company by completing projects on time and on budget.
- Create, maintain, and communicate project timelines and schedules
- Manage multiple tasks for multiple departments
- Manage global team of project engineers to share experiences and production concepts
- Demonstrate teamwork skills, technical, communication, and critical thinking.
- Planning and timeline management for multiple vendors, projects, and internal production.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on a limited basis.
- Develop and give oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and business leaders as needed.
- Champion an ethical business culture that represents the company in accordance with its values and vision.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or any other related Engineering degree
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience in project management
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to coach and work with others, especially those in other functions.
- Microsoft Office: Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Lean manufacturing, six sigma principles, and 5S skills are a plus
- An understanding of financial and business analysis.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable products, services and capabilities.
- A forward thinking, customer-focused, creative mind.
- A passion for excellence and a proven ability to succeed.
- Ability to react and build consensus quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and the ability to lead by example.
Job Reference: PROMAN-CA-KH
$80,000 - 90,000