Location: Missouri, US
About The Company
Mackenzie Stuart are working with a leading global vaccine manufacturer, seeking a Research & Innovation Director, for their Animal Health and Welfare business.
The Research Director will be central to leading a research team, encompassing vaccine vector molecular design, engineering, optimization, expression and characterization.
About the role
- Design and execute bench experiments in vaccine research, in addition to supervising research technicians in a team environment.
- Communicate with bioinformatics to develop applicable technology to assist with program objectives.
- Design and perform numerous molecular analyses and bio assays
- Report regularly to leadership, regarding the status, progress and challenges.
- Represent the business at scientific presentations and meetings.
- Trouble shoot protocols and Molecular Biology techniques.
- Will require 10%-20% travel.
About The Person
We are searching for someone with a strong background in molecular biology, microbiology or virology.
- PhD required in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or Virology.
- 10+ years post graduate experience in animal health or microbiology related field.
- Experience with RNA platform vaccine technologies, bioinformatics tools and culture of mammalian cells.
- Ability to work independently, multitask effectively and advance a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Optimize current and explore new platform vaccine technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisation skills.
- Flow cytometry experience.
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London and Toronto, we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Ingredients, Flavors & Fragrance, Construction, Medical, Life Science, Finance, Insurance, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors.
Job Reference: HF/3007-1
$110,000 - 140,000