- Define project charter, objectives, milestones and work plan to accomplish product development
- Understand the different print head technologies used in various Digital Inkjet applications and be able to design and formulate compatible Digital inks focused on textile and packaging segments
- Develop new inkjet inks for various print-head platforms for the Digital textile, industrial and packaging markets
- Spearhead new technology platform development for next generation digital inks
- Operate the lab application and ink equipment and inkjet printers
- Upkeep and maintain lab equipment, develop QC protocol, etc.
- Organize and analyse lab data to draw conclusions on path forward
- Prepare concise data books, presentations for internal and external use based on experiment results
- Support the marketing and sales team with customer issue identification and solution, prepare ink samples upon request, etc.
- Collaborate with technical team from ideation, formulation, application, scale-up, etc.
- Supervise and train less experienced R&D Chemists, technicians, and Co-Op students
Required Experience regarding the job:
- 15+ years of formulation experience in coating and ink development with 3-5 years of experience in inkjet inks mandatory – expertise in aqueous pigment-based inks preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields – advanced degree desirable
- Experience in interfacial science, colloid/dispersed systems or particle science, color science or polymer synthesis and rheology a plus
- Knowledge of the various print head technology and printers required
- Extensive experience performing various testing procedures such as chemical, physical, color property analysis, specimen material evaluation, and inkjet printing test
- Experience utilizing needed analytical and application equipment, tools, software, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with cross-functional teams
Job Reference: HL-R&DC-INKS
$70,000 - 110,000