The R&D/Innovation Chemist is responsible for supporting existing and developing new screen printing ink products. In addition, the R&D/Innovation Chemist will support manufacturing operations, quality control and the application laboratories where appropriate.
- Formulate new products based on customer, company and market needs and opportunities
- Support Sales and Marketing to translate customer needs into product specifications
- Lab bench work formulating and testing as necessary for successful completion of projects.
- Engage with raw material vendors to understand new materials and market trends
- Maintain accurate product development records and data files
- Provide regular reports on results and activities
- Assist in the scale up process from pilot to commercial production.
- Develop a working knowledge of available analytical and physical testing equipment
- Recommend procurement of new equipment that is necessary for successful project completion.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Required to travel overnight (less than 25%)
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related science as well as 5+ years of experience in Ink R&D or Coatings R&D
- Experience must include hands on formulation experience of new products from idea to
- Experience in UV/EB Curable Inks
- Knowledge of statistical methods (e.g. Six Sigma, Design of Experiment, Gauge studies) and their application in formulation chemistry
- Ability to analyze, interpret and manipulate data in MSExcel, Minitab or other statistical software
- Ability to communicate, present and report results using MSPowerpoint
- Ability to differentiate color nuances by eye
- Previous knowledge and experience in screen printing applications an advantage
Job Reference: HL-R&DC-Inks
$90,000 - 100,000