Mackenzie Stuart is currently working with a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. They provide water solutions that enable cities and industries to optimize their water management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances. For more than 100 years, the company has been at the forefront of innovation and helping find solutions to the world’s biggest problems has never been more important than right now.
My client is looking for a Regional Director – Channel Strategy who will be responsible for overseeing the Indirect Channel to market strategy within the defined region across each business unit including Products, Projects, and Services. In this role, the leader will work with the regional sales leaders to develop or evolve the channel to market strategy for each environmental solutions product line.
Additionally, the leader will be responsible for actively supporting channel recruitment, development, performance management and compliance of the existing channels to market in the region including Distributors/Resellers, Agents, OEM/Integrators, and key EPC relationships where applicable. This person will work with the regional leadership and sales team, ES business units and legal/compliance team to oversee and execute on strategic channel to market priorities.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent is responsible for managing the “4 P’s of the Market Mix” of assigned products (or product family):
- Assume ownership for the profitability of the products.
- Work with regions & business units to oversee the implementation of the regional channel to market strategy by business unit and product line.
- Where defined, continue and/or establish business practices to enable alignment to the strategy and growth for the business.
- Support onboarding of new channel partners through collaborative development with the regional sales team and business units.
- Provide c-level leadership and consultative support to sales team in recruitment of new channels
- Regular review of channel funnel and alignment of priorities to onboard in timely fashion
- Lead proper onboarding, due diligence, and contracting as required under policy or as necessary to support the specific relationship
- Support proper communication internally and externally in the onboarding process.
- Lead contract review and negotiation and insure alignment to business and legal priorities.
- Enable the channel partners through support of existing programs, training, or development of new programs as necessary to foster growth and alignment to the channel to market strategy
- Work with senior marketing and sales team members to develop and implement execution plans to capture new opportunity growth including:
- Support Market Development COOP program
- Co-Lead training development programs including road shows, regional seminars, webinars, sales edge, and portal support.
- Lead communication requirement critical to channels by aligning with sales, marketing and business units.
- Develop business, partner, or region-specific programs to increase growth and margin improvement
- Oversee performance management analysis and review with the requirement to optimize growth areas, minimize conflicts (internal or external) and/or rationalize underperforming channels.
- Operationalize regular reviews of channel performance and communicate to the regions
- Identify, recommend, and drive key partners or areas of growth or improvement.
- Mitigate internal and external conflicts concerning channels to insure compliant and consistent approach to the market and channel strategy.
- Provide internal training on channel to market strategy insuring continuity across sales, business units, legal and other functions as necessary.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- At least 10 years of related experience, with proven sales and channel management leadership.
- Strong business acumen in global industrial market
- Candidate must be a team player with proven ability to work and influence in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated execution capability with results-driven mindset
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (OFFICE 365)
- Experienced negotiation skills with principals, owners, and c-level executives.
- Additional Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- Water industry sales or marketing experience
- Expertise in Filtration, Membrane and fluid purification products, applications and industries
- Experienced use of Sales Force.Com
- Travel requirements for the position will be discussed further during interview process
- Background in Strategic Selling and Channel Management
- Salary and location are negotiable
Job Reference: RD-CS-KH
EURO110,000 - 150,000