Ref: CD - SAM - LP
The Account Manager is responsible for selling the organization’s products by interfacing with established customers and developing new prospects.
- Selling the organization’s products by interfacing with established customers and developing new prospects. These include direct relationships.
- The position exists to maximize profitability sales at assigned accounts.
- The position requires a broad knowledge of the organization’s policies, plants (including resins & technologies) products, and services and is responsible for proposal recommendations on products being sold.
- Typical overall account responsibility is for $15 to $30+ million sales revenue and three to ten+ customers, depending on dollar volume and service complexity of the account.
- This position has joint coordinating responsibility with marketing, product development, pricing and manufacturing personnel for new product launches for customers. Project coordination extends from conception to commercialization. It influences group marketing policy, pricing, technical effort, and extent of overall group effort.
- Plans, executes, and reports calls with minimum supervision. Accountable for travel and entertainment expense budgeting, sales budgeting, forecasting and expenditures.
- Directly controls time, effort and direction, account penetration, and customer relationships.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- BA/BS (or 10 years sales experience in a related field)
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in packaging, consumer goods and/or plastics industry.
- Based in, or relocate to, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Suite. – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong business analysis, financial modelling, Budgeting and negotiation skills.
- Sales experience in the packaging, consumer goods and/or plastics industry.
- Ability to manage time appropriately and self-motivate.
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships with key decision makers both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to spot new business opportunities and quickly evaluate opportunities.
- Ability to establish a relationship of trust.
The expected salary of this role would be in the region of $100,000-€130,000 plus OTE 5-10% plus addition benefits including company car and pension.
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Chemicals, Coatings, Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Medical, Finance, Insurance, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors.
Job Reference: CD - SAM - LP
$100,000 - 130,000