Ref: JC - SCICTX
Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a multinational manufacturer of coatings. The organization has a global presence within coatings sector with operations and manufacturing facilities spread globally and is a highly regarded company in the industry.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Senior Chemist for Industrial Coatings, based in Texas, USA. The role reports directly into the R&D Director.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Development of new formulations based on existing technologies as well as supporting the market introduction of new developments of industrial coatings
- Close cooperation in cross functional teams consisting of research and development, operations, sales, QC and product management
- Planning, execution, analysis and presentation of product specific optimisations
- Assist with customer troubleshooting and customer complaints
- Run projects in the lab utilising a pool of researchers and technicians
- As needed direct customer contact, low travel requirements (5-15%)
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be based near, or willing to relocate to Texas, USA
- Must speak fluent English
- Must be educated with a BSc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. MSc or PhD preferred
- Deep understanding of coating technology and formulation experience of 5+ years
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team in order to be able to act in a complex development organisation
- A high degree of independence, responsibility and confidence as well as good presentation skills
This position will pay a base salary in the region of $75,000 – $100,000 plus competitive performance bonus & benefits.
Job Reference: JC - SCICTX
$80,000 - 120,000