Senior Flavorist (Sweet) for a leading flavor manufacturer
To be successful in this role you must have around 10 years of experience in the Flavor Industry within a creative function. A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Science is required to be in this role. You will also need to have completed a qualifying Flavorist Training Program and be a Certified Member of the Flavorist Chemist Society. It would be a bonus if you have a MS/PHD in biological or chemical sciences.
As a Flavorist, you will spend your time…
- Lead flavor creation initiatives to meet customer and internal project requirements, identify potential risks and develop creative solutions to address technical flavor issues.
- Proactively evaluate new raw materials and assess potential for future use in creating new flavors, partner with operations to solve potential manufacturing issues.
- Serve as a technical expert in flavor creation techniques and provide meaningful input into category initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to provide insightful partnership and leverage trusting relationships.
- Communication and excellent presentation skills
- Proven successful mentoring of junior flavorist
- Smelling skills – Olfactory
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize
- Fluent in English, additional languages highly desirable
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in flavor industry creative function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Science
- Successful completion of a formalized Flavorist Training Program
- Certified Member of the Flavorist Chemist Society
- DRIVE INNOVATION. Formulate new flavor creations or modify existing flavors to meet project requirements.
- COLLABORATE. Establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal partners; able to gain their trust and respect.
- LEADERSHIP. Coach, mentor and manage flavor assistants in specific technical areas, provide project exposure and growth opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to join a growing company looking to expand into new areas. It offers the potential for career progression with an excellent remuneration package. Candidates need not apply without the relevant APAC or application experience. Due to the high volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Reference: LS566
$160,000 - 180,000