Mackenzie Stuart is presently working with an International Construction firm as they seek to strengthen their commercial team with a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a major project in Eastern Canada. The firm is highly regarded as one of the top market leaders within the infrastructure sector and has an excellent reputation for large scale projects around the globe.
* The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the successful commercial and contractual performance of a major Design-Build PPP Water Infrastructure project in Eastern Canada.
* Close collaboration with the project commercial team to deliver the project according to the commercial strategy.
* Ensure effective management of sub-contractors administration, client claims and disputes along with monthly reporting/scheduling.
* Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and ensure an all-round commercial service is maintained.
* Offer major project support with contract management, change orders and any major claim negotiation.
* Manage a developing team of Assistant/Graduate QSs.
* Reporting into the Commercial Manager for the company.
* Degree qualified Quantity Surveying, Commercial or Law.
* +7 years’ industry experience.
* Knowledge of contract law, litigation, change management and dispute resolution in Canada.
* Commercial experience working in the Civil Engineering/Infrastructure construction market.
* Experience on +$100M Water Treatment/Waste Water projects ideal.
* Ability to work in a fast paced project environment working to a tight deadline.
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with autonomy.
If you believe you are at this level and have the correct skills, please forward your CV on accordingly. Due to a large anticipated response, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume your application has not been successful.
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London, Toronto and New York we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical, Scientific, Healthcare, Finance, Banking, Insurance, Water, Chemicals, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: 513ATM
$110,000 - 130,000
Canada - Saint John, New Brunswick