- A leading global adhesives, tapes and sealants manufacturer.
- Formulating R&D Chemist – UV acrylic adhesives for medical device assembly
- Located GA, USA
Job Description: Reporting to the R&D Director, her/his responsibilities will include:
- Establish formulation guidelines based on a deep understanding of the key chemical and physical interactions in adhesive formulations and knowledge of the end applications.
- Development of high performance adhesive formulations for new and existing products.
- Maintains knowledge of technical developments, which could contribute to or be a competitive threat to project objectives. Develop strategies for intellectual property.
- Work cross functionally with the Marketing, Sales and Manufacturing teams to determine market needs within the industry and assists in identification of innovative solutions in order to meet those needs.
- Support translation and/or modifications of new products to meet the needs of new or existing growth markets.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations of existing patents and publications and generates new intellectual property (IP) as required.
- Effectively manage multiple projects, ensuring clear alignment of goals with business and market needs.
- Mentor junior chemists and technicians
The Successful Applicant: Our customer is looking for a professional with the following background and experience:
- Technical university degree (MSc, PhD preferred) : chemistry, polymer science, material sciences, or similar;
- Experience in product scale-up and manufacturing.
- Experience in stage-gate process, computer literacy with knowledge of ISO requirements preferred.
- Proficiency in English language;
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in the development of UV acrylic adhesives for medical device applications
Job Reference: Jfk:rd:md
$100,000 - 140,000
Greater Atlanta, GA