Ref: CS: SS
Senior Scientist, Assay Development Advert
Mackenzie Stuart is working with one of the leading molecular diagnostics organizations. Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Assay Development, based on the West Coast USA who will be responsible for planning, executing, and analyzing scientific experiments in the development and integration of new molecular diagnostic assays.
Responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates, directs and executes scientific research and/or development strategies through a combination of research and individual studies.
- Anticipates potential problems and designs preventative solutions.
- Determines strategic approach to experimental design.
- Creates and develops new methods to achieve technical objectives.
- Integrates results with project and division objectives.
- Maintains high level of expertise through scientific literature, competitor products, and seminars.
- Communicates significance of recent developments to peer group.
- Effectively uses peer network to expand technical capability.
- May supervise junior associates in daily experiments & troubleshooting.
- May contribute toward or produce invention disclosures, patents and publication.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- D. or Masters in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or a related field.
- Exceptional individuals with a Bachelor’s degree and extensive experience will be considered.
- Based on level of education; BS ten (10+) years or more experience; MS five (5+) years of experience and PhD three (3+) or more years of experience as a scientist in the medical diagnostic arena
- Experience with the development of molecular diagnostics and/or reagent kits from product concept through launch
- Experience with multiple nucleic acid extraction chemistries; implementation of chemistry onto an existing platform desirable
- Experience working with several human specimen types, including but not limited to: blood, nasal swabs, stool, urine, cervical swabs, joint fluids, tissues
- Exhibits creativity, foresight and mature judgment in conducting projects.
- Demonstrates mastery in data analysis (including various statistical analyses and DOE), research design, and evaluation of new techniques & procedures for products, systems or technologies.
- Effective analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection:
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Job Reference: CS: SS
$120,000 - 60,000