Senior NPD Scientist
Missouri – USA
My client is a leading global speciality chemicals and minerals company and have been a leader in the development of food and wellness products. They leverage their unique resources and their strong focus on R&D and technological innovation to drive growth worldwide. This client operates mining and production sites that are supported by worldwide distribution and supply chains. They strive to deliver the highest-quality product through extensive research, time and refinement, to deliver the highest quality of products. They are looking for a plant-based protein expert to come on board.
- Lead all R&D activities for existing and new textured protein products.
- Collaborate with internal teams for the business development and innovation strategy.
- Organize and participate in large-scale trials while providing recommendations for process and product optimization.
- Work and interact with product application development teams to understand the innovation need of proteins in textured food products.
- Identify new opportunities for technology collaborations.
- Participate in developing business strategy for textured providers.
- An understanding of value creation and the market needs of textured proteins.
- Hands on leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Manage projects and ensure project deliverables.
- M.S or Ph.D. in Food Technology/ Food Science and 5-10+ years of industry experience in Product Development with focus on “Plant proteins”.
- Solis knowledge and experience in food proteins, textured vegetable proteins, extrusion processing, product formulation, meat substitutes, analytical testing, and specification systems.
- Understanding of supply chain and commercialization.
- Documentation, organization and time management skills.
- 20-40% travel required
Job Reference: CM2507
$100,000 - 150,000