Sensory & Consumer Insights (SCI) plays a critical role in guiding the product development process and serves as one of the key strategic levers in the APAC Flavor Innovations Team. This role joins the Global team in developing and applying state of the art tools in the science of sensory and consumer research. Reporting to the Global SCI Leader, this role will explore new and improved sensory and consumer methodologies that bring consumer voice to achieve business impact.
In this existing role, you will :
- Develop and lead proactive research projects, partnering with Marketing and Research & Technology, that applies consumers’ added value flavor experiences to guide future flavor design and technologies.
- Initiate and lead Cross-Category research projects aligned with medium to long-term Strategy.
- Develop and implement new SCI tools and methods leveraging new technologies that are efficient in execution, are valid predictors of consumer behavior, and add value to business.
- Lead the global best practices roll out and maintenance by leveraging the Global SCI network
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with external parties, including companies, agencies, and universities, to access the latest concepts, techniques and technology to keep up with emerging advances, and extend and advance SCI capability to meeting project goals.
Education and Experience
- PhD or equivalent in sensory science/consumer science
- Minimum of 5 years Sensory and Consumer Science relevant professional experience working in the food industry and/or academia, or its equivalent, with broad knowledge base and understanding
Knowledge, Skills and Behavior
- Demonstrated ability to initiate innovative projects that create new business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to develop, undertake and manage large scale multi-site and multi-disciplinary sensory and consumer insights projects across, with a strong desire to bring the outcomes of SCI projects to business growth
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in sensory research involving trained panels and of consumer insights research
- Knowledge of sensory and consumer research related sciences such as statistics and food science and / or flavor chemistry
- Knowledge of the business application of sensory and consumer insights
- Demonstrated capacity to build relationships with team members and to perform effectively in a team environment, to work closely with support staff and key stakeholders
- Ability to work well in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, to effectively promote and present SCI outcomes to colleagues and customer
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to join a growing company looking to expand into new areas. It offers the potential for career progression with an excellent remuneration package. Due to the high volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Reference: LS766
SGD100,000 - 120,000