Ref: PC - HRLGCH
Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with an industry leading Third-Party Logistics Company. The company is a well-known full-service logistics provider, specialising in Freight Forwarding and Contract Logistics solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a Vice President of Human Resources, based in Chicago, IL.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the entire North American headcount, providing strategic oversight and leadership for all operations relative to the HR function
- Direct responsibility for a small but dynamic HR team, having a ‘can-do’ attitude to work alongside senior leadership as well entry level employees
- Understand the impact of culture, mitigate the risk of cultural incoherence, develop a structured process to effectively diagnose, manage and integrate organizational cultures
- Work with Human Resources and internal Hiring Managers to recruit and develop potential talent both internally and externally for current open positions
- Understand and mitigate various employee law requirements across multiple states
- Administering and leading a culture shift to a high-performance culture
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Candidate must ideally come from a Logistics and Supply Chain background
- Must be based or willing to relocate to Chicago, IL. For the right candidate a remote position would be considered
- 10-15 years of related experience in Human Resources
- Some experience in a senior Human Resources type position with multiple direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree is essential
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Be able to read, analyse and interpret complex documents
- Knowledge of employee in various states a bonus
- Must be fluent in English both orally and written
- Proven track record of leading teams, achieving objectives and personnel development
The expected salary for this role is between USD$165K – $180K with a performance bonus in place.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not heard back within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Job Reference: PC - HRLGCH
USD $160,000 - 180,000