Currently seeking a VP Operations – North America The VP Operations will develop a North American Operations Organization which delivers products and services safely, sustainably and competitively to meet the current and future needs of the Sector’s business and its customers.
- Strategy: Shape and develop business Operations strategy and organization for a 3-5 year period to contribute to the direction of company strategy and profitability.
- Sustainability: Ensure that the business complies with corporate sustainability targets
- People and organization: To ensure that the Operations of the business are efficiently and sustainably organized. Develop key individuals to succeed into senior roles. Set performance goals for factories and Site Directors and lead managers to evaluate and take actions consistent with strategy.
- Investment Plans: Stimulate and review Capital Investment plans to sustainably underpin business growth and innovation, ensuring durability and safe operation of assets.
- Project management: Ensure that projects are organized and managed well, delivering new assets and capabilities, cost-effectively and on-time.
- Supply Chain: Develop a cost-effective supply chain organization, processes and systems to maintain the desired levels of customer service with minimal working capital.
- Procurement: Develop an effective and sustainable procurement capability, with explicit strategies for key purchases and clear roles and responsibilities for those in the function. Foster relationships with strategic suppliers and authorize key purchases.
- Engineering: Ensure that sites deploy appropriate engineering standards and practices.
- Manufacturing: Ensure that plants and processes are run, optimized, continually improved and maintained efficiently to deliver quality assured products at appropriate cost, whilst eliminating all forms of waste. Identify and share best practices between sites and businesses
- Communication and liaison: As an active member of various internal committees, including the business board, ensure that Operational issues and opportunities are raised in a timely fashion to promote the success of the business.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in a senior Operations role
- Strong knowledge of processes and chemistries used in Croda’s business.
- Strong leadership, communications and people management skills required.
- Strong negotiations and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of managing SHE standards and improvement
- Demonstrated track record of managing change.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in all aspects of operations
- Ability to communicate well at all levels – from operator to Exec member; and externally
- Ability to deploy influencing skills to further the aims of the business
- Ability to motivate and lead groups and individuals.
- Creative and strategic thinking and planning
Job Reference: HL-VPO-INKS
$170,000 - 200,000