The Key Account Manager is a critical role responsible for supporting and growing business at assigned strategic key accounts, primarily in large …Show more
The Key Account Manager is a critical role responsible for supporting and growing business at assigned strategic key accounts, primarily in large national or multi-regional accounts in the Textile and Nonwovens markets. This high-profile role reports directly to the Sales Director and requires engaging customers at all levels, including senior management, procurement, operations, and technical with the goal of increasing account penetration to drive profitable growth. This role is responsible for creating and implementing a Key Account strategy that leverages marketing, technology, and others within the organization to meet the company’s objective of developing meaningful, profitable partnerships with our key customers. This is a home based position that requires a close proximity to a major airport.
- Responsible for creating effective Key Account Plans for assigned accounts. These Plans are designed with the objective of creating a deep, meaningful partnership between Synthomer and these Key Accounts, and the Key Account Manager is responsible for identifying and leveraging necessary cross-functional resources to drive growth within these accounts.
- Master of value proposition selling and disciplined innovation to maximize return from existing business and lead the development of new profitable growth across key accounts; accountability for volume, price negotiation, share growth, and margin management
- Supports existing business, and leads the development of new profitable growth opportunities across the accounts
- Aligns overall account strategy and Annual Operating Plan objectives to overall strategic plan for the business; effectively executes growth and margin management strategies
- Leads the development of customer relationship at all levels of the organization; to include leveraging Innovation, Marketing, and Senior Leadership team members as appropriate to strengthen customer relationship
- Collaborates and communicates across functions and levels of the Synthomer organization to address account needs and generate support and direction for growth within key account
- Responsible for providing Voice of the Customer and competitive intelligence to Marketing
- Supports Sales Forecasting and ensures data accuracy to help drive effective organizational focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical or Business Discipline
- 5 years of experience in as a Key Account Manager in a complex, solution-driven Customer Project Management experience within the Specialty Chemicals space
- Strong track record as a Customer Project Management professional within Specialty Chemical industry, preferably within the Nonwovens industry; minimum 10 years’ experience
- Demonstrated strong business and financial acumen
- Strong Key Account Planning experience; identification of a long-range growth goal within Key Accounts, and experience identifying and executing a plan
- Demonstrated ability to align cross-functional resources to support key initiative
- Demonstrated effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrated effective navigation including customer’s C-suite
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and ambiguity internally and externally
- Technical acumen – Understands the chemistries and how it affects performance
- Experience in the industry – ideally has engaged with industry leaders
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively domestically
- Must have no travel limitations and be able to work from a home office
$90,000 - 110,000
Ref: HL - PM - NW
Replace this text What you will do: Reporting to the Group Plant Manager you will be responsible for providing strategic direction for …Show more
Replace this text
What you will do:
Reporting to the Group Plant Manager you will be responsible for providing strategic direction for this production facility. You will serve as coach and mentor to a developing staff while performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and/or supervisors.
- Lead, manage and develop plant employees to assure the necessary capabilities and culture are in place to maintain and improve a “Center of Excellence” operation
- In conjunction with senior group management, establish and manage activities to meet / exceed short- and long-term plant goals
- Lead in the development of a plant safety culture with a focus on developing an employee led safety focus program
- Control plant costs – including developing, managing and controlling budgetary process
- Manage production efforts to meet service, quality and cost goals
- Lead major change initiatives in a dynamic high change environment
- Manage implementation of operations improvement projects and programs
- Establish and manage cost reduction strategies and activities
- Meet quality standards/SPC requirements. Ensure all products shipped meet all JM and UL/FM specification requirements
- Maintain and improve positive employee relations (including union free status) while developing a disciplined workforce
- Manage plant technology, innovations, and project strategy in combination with product management and technology leaders
- Maintain service levels to customers through production/inventory planning and coordination with SIOP resources
- Maintain environmental compliance to federal, state, local, and standards through ISO 14001 environmental management systems
- Maintain communication with customers (internal/external) and provide technical support as required
- Act as representative to the community, works with local leadership to enhance favorable image of JM and ensures required local services are available in order to position as a responsible corporate citizen of the community.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in a plant leadership role of a similar size team and facility
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make timely decisions
- Previous experience in managing employee safety
- Understand financial systems and controls – including ability to analyze budget and cost data, determine trends and apply corrective actions to achieve desired financial goals.
- Solid project planning and management skills, using standard project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to implement recommendations and drive change initiatives
- Proven collaborative and participative management skills are essential
with the long description of the job. Show LessApply Now
$130,000 - 150,000
Ref: HL - AC- Fabrics
The role: The Applications Chemist will support service to customer accounts in the Engineered Fabrics group. Customer support includes commercial product development, …Show more
The Applications Chemist will support service to customer accounts in the Engineered Fabrics group. Customer support includes commercial product development, aiding customers with product selection, dispersion handling and dispersion processing, introducing new product and application technology, and trouble-shooting any product/process related issues experienced in commercial production. The Applications Chemist will also support and drive new product development based on market information and knowledge. This includes acting as a liaison between Wacker Chemical Corporation and customer or end user needs for development of new or existing commercial products.
- Key technical liaison to customer, managing the relationship, along with account/sales representative.
- Accountable that the appropriate dispersion product is recommended and correctly used in the customer’s process to meet end use application needs.
- Respond to service requests and develop technical work packages to answer such requests.
- Contribute to complaint investigation and resolution as appropriate.
- Supervise support technician (as available) and work to use and also develop key lab skills to meet technical service requests of nonwovens segment.
- Drive product development in the Engineered Fabrics market – new or customer-driven – to meet customer, end use, and/or general market needs.
- Support global segment through strong AD/TS lab operations and procedures for the Engineered Fabrics group.
- Support global benchmarking of key EF group products, including conforming to external product disclosures, meeting established product specifications, and product performance targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering, or closely related field.
- Three to five years general experience in an applications development/technical service role; direct industry experiene in the field of Engineered Fabrics is desired.
- General knowledge of Engineered Fabrics/Nonwovens as well as Paper making or Paper Coating including product portfolio and application technologies is desired.
- Customer relationship skills and problem solving.
- Strong technical skills related to application and product development.
- Broad communications skills – internal and external, written and email – are important to job effectiveness, and building good internal and customer relationships
$70,000 - 90,000
Ref: HL - HOS - TEXCHEM
Mackenzie Stuart is a global Executive Search firm working in close partnership with large chemical manufacturers selling primarily to the textile chemical …Show more
Mackenzie Stuart is a global Executive Search firm working in close partnership with large chemical manufacturers selling primarily to the textile chemical industry.
We are currently recruiting for a National Sales Manager for Textile Chemicals based anywhere in United States. The role will report to the Sales Director.
- Manage the sales activities in the market across the United States
- Drive sales to improve volume, sales revenue and profitability
- To visit customers to ensure strong pipeline of new business
- Assist Vice President of Sales in designing and implementing a commercial strategy
- Manage time efficiently to access customers nationally
- Day to day management of the sales team to include setting targets and goals
- Weekly written sales reports
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales
To be considered for the position:
- Must be willing to relocate to any major city in the USA
- Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Must have 8+ years’ experience within the Textile Chemicals market
- Minimum of 4+ years management experience
- Experience managing revenue, budgeting and forecasting
- Must have the ability to manage and develop long term client relationships
- Strong interpretation skills and good time management
- IT literate
- Regional travel 60%
- Experience providing technical support to sales team/customers
The expected salary for this position is estimated to be between $120,000 – 140,000, plus bonus and added benefits. Show LessApply Now
$100,000 - 120,000
Currently seeking a VP Operations – North America The VP Operations will develop a North American Operations Organization which delivers products and …Show more
Currently seeking a VP Operations – North America The VP Operations will develop a North American Operations Organization which delivers products and services safely, sustainably and competitively to meet the current and future needs of the Sector’s business and its customers.
- Strategy: Shape and develop business Operations strategy and organization for a 3-5 year period to contribute to the direction of company strategy and profitability.
- Sustainability: Ensure that the business complies with corporate sustainability targets
- People and organization: To ensure that the Operations of the business are efficiently and sustainably organized. Develop key individuals to succeed into senior roles. Set performance goals for factories and Site Directors and lead managers to evaluate and take actions consistent with strategy.
- Investment Plans: Stimulate and review Capital Investment plans to sustainably underpin business growth and innovation, ensuring durability and safe operation of assets.
- Project management: Ensure that projects are organized and managed well, delivering new assets and capabilities, cost-effectively and on-time.
- Supply Chain: Develop a cost-effective supply chain organization, processes and systems to maintain the desired levels of customer service with minimal working capital.
- Procurement: Develop an effective and sustainable procurement capability, with explicit strategies for key purchases and clear roles and responsibilities for those in the function. Foster relationships with strategic suppliers and authorize key purchases.
- Engineering: Ensure that sites deploy appropriate engineering standards and practices.
- Manufacturing: Ensure that plants and processes are run, optimized, continually improved and maintained efficiently to deliver quality assured products at appropriate cost, whilst eliminating all forms of waste. Identify and share best practices between sites and businesses
- Communication and liaison: As an active member of various internal committees, including the business board, ensure that Operational issues and opportunities are raised in a timely fashion to promote the success of the business.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in a senior Operations role
- Strong knowledge of processes and chemistries used in Croda’s business.
- Strong leadership, communications and people management skills required.
- Strong negotiations and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of managing SHE standards and improvement
- Demonstrated track record of managing change.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in all aspects of operations
- Ability to communicate well at all levels – from operator to Exec member; and externally
- Ability to deploy influencing skills to further the aims of the business
- Ability to motivate and lead groups and individuals.
- Creative and strategic thinking and planning
$170,000 - 200,000