Mackenzie Stuart is currently partnered with leading multinational freight forwarding company on a search for a Trade Lane Manager who will be responsible for managing and optimizing the Germany to China & Southeast Asia trade lanes.
This role will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth movement of goods, building strong customer relationships, and driving operational efficiency.
- Analyse trade lane performance, market trends, and customer demands to identify growth opportunities and develop strategies for trade lane optimization.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, including importers, exporters, and other stakeholders, to understand their needs, provide solutions, and address any issues or concerns.
- Develop and manage relationships with carriers, shipping lines, airlines, and other transportation providers operating within the trade lane, negotiating contracts, and ensuring service quality and reliability.
- Collaborate with the pricing team to determine competitive pricing strategies for the trade lane, ensuring profitability while meeting customer expectations.
- Coordinate and monitor operational aspects of shipments within the trade lane, including documentation, customs clearance, cargo tracking, and resolving any issues or delays that may arise.
- Ensure compliance with international trade regulations, customs procedures, and import/export requirements applicable to the trade lane, providing guidance to customers and internal teams on documentation and procedures.
- Monitor and track key performance indicators (KPIs), such as on-time delivery, transit times, customer satisfaction, and financial performance related to the trade lane. Prepare reports and provide insights to management for decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization within the trade lane, streamline operational procedures, and implement new technologies or tools to enhance efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes impacting the trade lane, and proactively incorporate relevant knowledge into operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, operations, and customer service, to ensure effective coordination and execution of trade lane activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in freight forwarding and trade lane management, preferably in a multinational freight forwarding company.
- In-depth knowledge of global trade, transportation modes, customs regulations, and supply chain processes.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and carriers.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to analyze data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Proficiency in using logistics software and systems, including shipment tracking, warehouse management, and documentation tools.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a proactive and solution-oriented approach.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Join a leading multinational freight forwarding company and contribute to our mission of delivering exceptional logistics services to clients worldwide.
Apply now to become a valuable member of our Freight Forwarding Trade Lane Management team.