Mackenzie Stuart has partnered with a global and well-known masterbatch manufacturer in their search for a Market Development Manager/Key Account Manager to join their team in helping to drive sales across the Benelux and Dach regions for the medical and healthcare end-markets.
The Market Development Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for assigned Major Development Account’s or Key Accounts and act as an internal liaison with Regional Sales Managers and Sales Executives. The main responsibilities of this role include evaluating the best growth strategy with assigned accounts, establishing and maintaining successful and effective business relationships, managing account activity, driving coordinated execution of the account strategy, and directing sales efforts to meet sales, revenue, profit, and other goals for assigned accounts. Additionally, the Market Development Manager will play a key role in supporting the Strategic Business Manager in deploying the multi-angle business segment strategy by collaborating closely with the Sales and Technical Departments on a range of matters such as segment dynamics, product and service innovation, product management, and indirect marketing.
- Works with the Strategic Business Manager & the Commercial Director to develop a comprehensive strategy regarding pricing, forecasts, and corporate resources to maximize share and profitability for the major accounts within the respective region;
- Develops and proposes customer’s specific development plans;
- Implements and frequently reviews the progress (budget and profitability) against medium-term plans and short-term goals;
- Recommends corrective actions if necessary;
- Coordinates the execution of the adopted strategy;
- Coordinates the development of annual sales goals (budget) as well as specific sales strategies with the on-site sales forces; to meet or exceed master plan goals;
- Establishes relationships and business conditions with the headquarters, the key plant locations, R&D Departments to secure, develop the service and business of the accounts, and to identify potential business;
- Ensures proper communication flow on the activity and the development of the major account’s;
- Handles, with the respective sales and technical Departments, all relevant complaints and escalates them to lead buyer if identification of negative impact on the business conditions;
- Maintains awareness of market and competitive activities in his/her region/accounts and shares the information appropriately throughout the organization.
- Works on other specific projects;
- Performs all other additional projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors degree+
- 5+ years’ experience in sales
- Knowledge of the medical and healthcare markets are advantageous
- Ability to understand and translate opportunities into new business
- Driver’s license
- Willingness to travel across DACH/Benelux (up to 50%)
- Competitive compensation package, including bonus
- Hybrid working (~2 days on-site)
- Mobile phone
- Private healthcare
If this position sounds of interest to you, please feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion by using the submission form on this page or reaching out using the contact details below: