Ref: HL - PM - NW
Replace this text
What you will do:
Reporting to the Group Plant Manager you will be responsible for providing strategic direction for this production facility. You will serve as coach and mentor to a developing staff while performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and/or supervisors.
- Lead, manage and develop plant employees to assure the necessary capabilities and culture are in place to maintain and improve a “Center of Excellence” operation
- In conjunction with senior group management, establish and manage activities to meet / exceed short- and long-term plant goals
- Lead in the development of a plant safety culture with a focus on developing an employee led safety focus program
- Control plant costs – including developing, managing and controlling budgetary process
- Manage production efforts to meet service, quality and cost goals
- Lead major change initiatives in a dynamic high change environment
- Manage implementation of operations improvement projects and programs
- Establish and manage cost reduction strategies and activities
- Meet quality standards/SPC requirements. Ensure all products shipped meet all JM and UL/FM specification requirements
- Maintain and improve positive employee relations (including union free status) while developing a disciplined workforce
- Manage plant technology, innovations, and project strategy in combination with product management and technology leaders
- Maintain service levels to customers through production/inventory planning and coordination with SIOP resources
- Maintain environmental compliance to federal, state, local, and standards through ISO 14001 environmental management systems
- Maintain communication with customers (internal/external) and provide technical support as required
- Act as representative to the community, works with local leadership to enhance favorable image of JM and ensures required local services are available in order to position as a responsible corporate citizen of the community.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in a plant leadership role of a similar size team and facility
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make timely decisions
- Previous experience in managing employee safety
- Understand financial systems and controls – including ability to analyze budget and cost data, determine trends and apply corrective actions to achieve desired financial goals.
- Solid project planning and management skills, using standard project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to implement recommendations and drive change initiatives
- Proven collaborative and participative management skills are essential
with the long description of the job.
Job Reference: HL - PM - NW
$130,000 - 150,000